Carried

Carried

Friday, January 27, 2012

Blackbird Fly


THE BEATLES


Specifically, The White Album...


And a song about a Black Bird...


I recently had another complicated specific "hope" that was sort of maybe happening in my life

I prayed and prayed and had others pray about it...

I waited...

I
Let
it
Go
.
.
.

Then it popped up again....
I prayed and prayed and had others praying too...

And then again,

I
Let
it
Go
.
.
.

Once more it came back with real hope (I thought)
and
for one weekend I allowed myself to dream of this "hope"
To touch it, to see it, to believe in the possibility of "it"...

And Then,

just. like. that.

"It" was gone...

and I HAD to

Let
it
Go
.
.
.

(Only this time...I did not want to.)

I haven't done a lot of art lately,
I 've been spending time thinking of new things people might like to see in my Etsy store.
But today, it was time to do something just for me.

I heard "BlackBird" by the Beatles the other day and couldn't get it out of my head.
I got some cash from someone for my Birthday and bought "THE White Album" b/c first of all I don't own it and second of all I needed to hear that song over and over.

I put the CD into the player and found the track...
The guitar softly and melodically plays and then
that sweet simple voice that rings true into my very soul starts to sing
and it is Paul.
Over and Over I listen to it.
I hear the guitar line with it's harmony to the melody of the voice.
I hear the actual Bird calls from the blackbird.
I hear and mediate on the words.
It's such a simple song.
I've overlooked it for my whole life but have always known it.

You see, the Beatles are a part of who I am.
I grew up on the Beatles.
My Mom and Dad were Beatles junkies and we listened to them all of the time.
My middle name is even Michelle...
(which I choose to believe is b/c of "My Michelle" by the Beatles)
So with that said, I am a true fan and lover of them.
I have a connection.

As I was listening to the words over and over I began to see my next piece.


I start with a black blob of paint and paint it on with a scraper.


I like the way the paint makes it's own way on the canvas.

I use my Silhouette Sd to cut out a vinyl Bird.



I lay down the Bird With Contact paper on top of the black paint.

I Cut out the lyrics to the song and place them down too.
(the pictures for this part were not cooperating!)

NEXT!



I am able to peal off the letters and the bird...


Opppsss....Alot of the paint peals off with it.

Here it is finished. Obviously it needs some touch up but I like the general feel of it.



I wear my hat in honor of the Band that inspired me!


Some final shots of it outside on a beautiful day!


BlackBird....




Here are the Lyrics to the Song:

BlackBird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

BlackBird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be Free

Black Bird Fly
Black Bird Fly
Into the light of the dark black night.

BlackBird singing in the dead of night
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

I think this song is just truer than true.
We all have suffered a broken wing in the blackest darkest night we thought possible
but when you realize that it is in "This" Moment that you are able to Fly,
it was "This" time that you were able to be brave,
it was "This" time that you could "see",
That is when we take off into the sky even if it's dark b/c we know that somewhere out there is the light.
I will ALWAYS find the light, I will ALWAYS find the beauty in my life and in "This" Moment.

I hope you are able to find "That" moment in your life,
that moment when YOU were only waiting for "It" to arise
 And
If needed,

You
Let
It
Go
.
.
.


This post was created with a lot of dark to get to the light of "It". It was made from a messy place with messy hands that made something beautiful and found that Hope will always be there if you wait for that moment to arise and it was made with my own two hands.


XOXO,
JillyG

No comments:

Post a Comment