Carried

Carried

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Confessions of a Pinterest Addict...

So my new obsession is Pinterest.

I bet so many of you know what I am talking about
and 
are addicted to this site just as much as I am.

If you are not on Pinterest...You are missing out my friends!

Basically, this site is a virtual pin board
and 
the source for a plethora of Creativity.

(I may be risking sharing some of my creative secrets 
but
it's so much FUN I just have to talk about it.)

My time on Pinterest has lead me to pinning over 1,000 "pins" 
(quite an accomplishment and an indication of how much time I have wasted.)

Today, I decided to put my months of pinning to good use.

I do not have one specific
"pin" 
that I used to make this but the idea is
"inspired" 
by so many who make adorable bow holders of their own. 

So, here is my take on the "Bow Holder".


 The first thing I did was find the cutest Ribbon EVER!



Then I sewed some hooks onto the ribbon so it could hold headband and such.
(Please excuse my cuticles!)


I laid out the  ribbon in a pattern and painted out a canvas.
I chose Navy for my background.

(I don't think you have to have a perfectly solid background
because the ribbons will cover most of it up.)


Next, I wrapped ribbon around the canvas and left a small space in between.
(I never really measure...I'm a "guesstimator")


I get out my handy dandy staple gun 
and 
staple each ribbon to the back of the canvas.



Pull them taught so that they can really hold the weight of 
hair bows, clips and headbands.


Make sure your ribbons are nice and smooth. 
Everything will show.
(I use my straightening iron for my hair to iron them out.
It works GREAT!)


Continue to staple them along the edges. 
Don't worry about the length being too long 
because you can trim it 
and then later 
you will cover the ribbons on the back.


TIME OUT.
To reload more staples...

(Now begins my Quest to locate staples in my garage...)


Ummmmmmmmmm.... Yeah....

Would you know where to start looking?
(My husband has just about every tool you can imagine. 
It's extremely well organized...
In HIS mind.)


Is it in here?!


In HERE?!


Finally found them and we are "locked and loaded"...


I continue to lay out and secure all of the ribbons all of the way across the canvas.


This is what it will look like on the back of the canvas. 


 I didn't like the back unfinished so I pulled some coordinating ribbon and covered the sides.


Use your Hot Glue Gun to do this part so that you don't have staples shinning through.


I rolled the end over to finish it a little bit more. 
(I didn't have enough of one type of ribbon so I used 2 diff. kinds.)



I use a picture hanger to hang it and Viola!



And here it is! 
I like it and hope I can find just the girl to give it to...



I grabbed some of my hair accessories
and 
threw them up there 
so you could see the potential of your very own
A-dor-a-ble Hair Bow Holder!!

This Craft was made by a "Proud Pinterest Addict",
Inspired by Creative Souls every where 
&
created by my own two hands.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment